funded under INTERREG III C, SOUTH-ZONE: Valencia, Individual Project
The objective of the project is to improve citizens' quality of life and the regional economic development due to the promotion of the use of wireless networks as a tool for information, communication, work, etc. The project involves interregional co-operation between six partners to promote the economic development of the regions through the development of new services based on wireless technologies.
The methodology proposed for the project is, on one hand to set up a specific organisation of skills centres for wireless technologies, WICs, and organize their work via a network, and on the other hand to jointly define and establish the specifications for a public information service based on wireless technologies and localization technologies, considered to be one of the applications that will encourage citizens to use these technologies.
The activities will be approached jointly by the project partners:
1. Activities related to managing the network of wireless skills centres:
- Pooling of tasks and organisation of the WICs
- Design, description, creation and management of the WIC structures in each city
2. Activities to jointly define and set up a wireless public information service
3. Activities to promote the project and the network created (2 seminars to publicize the experience and the results...)
4. Activities related to management and co-ordination of the project