funded under the Sixth Framework Programme: Coordination Action Specific Support Actions – SSA
The overall objective of EMERIPA is to develop and test a transferable European methodology and associated tools which will enable the regional actors to assess the effectiveness of their regional research and innovation policies within a European framework and to benchmark and recommend policies for increasing their regional performance in terms of Sustainable Development (environmental, economic and social impacts).
It will be reached through a work plan that incorporates management and support activities.
The methodology will be guided by the principles of impact assessment contained in the EU Strategy for Sustainable Development, beyond it permitting regions to:
- Assess the efficiency and responsiveness of the measures introduced on the regional innovation system (namely on the business community)
- Share experiences and knowledge, making these experiences accessible for other regions
- Build up a framework for regions in which they can develop and test methodologies and tools in trans national partnership projects aiming at the assessment of the impact of their innovation policies and allowing benchmarking of these policies.
- Benchmarking exercise and good practice exchange
- Dissemination and Awareness rising campaign during the whole duration of the project
An analysis of the different regional performances and a consensus on conclusions about the regional situation will be achieved. As a final stage, innovation policy recommendations will be outlined and the methodology, associated tools and indicators will be integrated into the mainstream regional research and innovation policies in the regions.