TRES (Towards Regional spEcialisation for Smart growth spirit)
funded under INTERREG IVC
In the TR3S project the participating regions cooperate to set the course for the future EU strategy Europe 2020, which aims at creating an intelligent, sustainable and inclusive economy. With regards to content it is based on the concept of Smart Specialisation. In practice the project wants to mobilize innovation potential and capacities of regions towards smart growth. TR3S aims to be a strategic policy intelligence knot for knowledge exchange and wide cooperation to promote smart policy processes and schemes.
Further objectives of the project are:
• Contribute to evidence-based policy making across Europe through broad dissemination of project results
• Facilitate intensive regional and inter-regional cooperation
• Understand different regional innovation ecosystems and their potential to foster smart regional development
• Identify, exchange and transfer good practices concerning instruments and measures to implement "Research and Innovation Strategies for Smart Specialisation" (RIS³)
• Develop policy recommendations for smart innovation and growth policies
The exchange of experience is realized by means of regional and inter-regional workshops, study visits and conferences. Those will be supported by the development of an information data base and the comprehensive use of social media.